- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 baguette
- 1 cup shredded chicken, warmed
- 4 red lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- Handful of cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices or more
MAKE LIME MAYO
- In a bowl, stir the mayonnaise with the zest and juice of one lime. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Slice the baguette in half to make two smaller baguettes then slit them lengthwise, and then use your fingers to hollow out the insides, making a trough in both halves.
- Generously spread the inside of the bread with mayonnaise. Start from the bottom portion of bread, layer the rest of the ingredients. Close the sandwiches then cut in half for easy eating.