Recipe of the Week: Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Blue Cheese Coleslaw
May 1, 2017
- 8 La Brea Bakery Take and Bake Telera Slider Rolls
- 2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup hot buffalo wing sauce
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 oz. coleslaw mix (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Bake rolls according to directions on package then remove from oven and let cool. Cut rolls in half horizontally. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add honey and buffalo wing sauce and warm sauce through. Add in chicken and toss to evenly coat, warm chicken through. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- To make the coleslaw:
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar with sugar and salt until dissolved. Mix in mayonnaise. Place coleslaw in a medium mixing bowl then pour dressing over coleslaw, add blue cheese and toss mixture to evenly coat.
- To assemble sandwiches:
- Layer chicken over bottom halves of slider rolls, then layer over coleslaw and cover with top halves of slider rolls. Serve immediately.