- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to a thickness of about 1/2 inch)
- 16 slices Applewood smoked bacon (cooked until crispy)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar or pinch
- 1 store-bought bag shredded slaw mix (containing red and green cabbage and carrots)
- In a large bowl combine mayonaise, Dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, vinegar, and sugar. Mix well. Toss in the shredded slaw mix and mix together. Refrigerate until needed.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat to low heat. Split the hamburger buns and lightly toast on the bottom if desired and remove from the grill. Turn the heat to medium-high.
- Place chicken breasts onto the grill and cook while turning and brushing with the BBQ sauce frequently on each side for 10-15 minutes per side (depending on the thickness), or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). During the last few minutes of cooking top each chicken breast with 2 slices of bacon and 1 slice of cheddar cheese.
- Place the chicken breasts onto the toasted buns and top with Dijon slaw.